Foot and Ankle Pain
Foot and ankle pain can have many causes, ranging from an acute injury like an ankle sprain to a chronic condition like arthritis or gout. Other possible causes: plantar fasciitis, flat feet (fallen arch), hammertoe, diabetic nerve damage, tendinitis, bone spurs, bursitis, injury or infection.
How Our Doctors Diagnose
In addition to a physical examination and thorough discussion of the pain you’re experiencing and your medical history, we have an array of tests and imaging to help diagnose the source of your pain: x-ray, MRI, CT scans, and bone scan. We may run a blood test for gout or remove a small amount of fluid from the joint (arthrocentesis) to check for infection.
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections(LESI)
- Epidural steroid injection (ESI)
- Facet joint injections
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory medication
- Physical therapy
- Hot and cold therapy
- Dorsal root ganglion therapy (DRG)
- Spinal cord stimulation (SCS)
- Peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS)
- Transforaminal epidural steroid injections (Transforaminal ESI)
- Radiofrequency ablation (neuorotomy) (RFA)