Personalized Precision Care
Dorsal Root Ganglion Therapy
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE PROCEDURE
The “trial run” to determine if DRG is right for you:
- You’ll receive a local anesthetic to numb the implant area.
- Through a small incision, we’ll place very thin wires (leads) under the skin and into the DRG nerve bundle.
- The leads are connected to a generator about the size of a cell phone. You’ll carry it with you during the trial period.
- If the DRG proves effective, you’ll return in a few weeks for the permanent power source (generator.)
Implanting The Permanent System:
- This minimally-invasive surgery takes 1 to 2 hours in the hospital while you are under general anesthesia.
- We’ll make a small surgical incision and place the permanent generator under the skin of your abdomen, lower back or upper buttock.
- The generator is battery-powered by either rechargeable or long-life batteries lasting 2 to 5 years. Surgery is required to replace the battery.
1-2 hour procedure
Go home same day
INDICATIONS FOR TREATMENT:
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Chronic arm or leg pain (sciatica)
- Nerve pain or numbness in arms or legs
- Chronic back pain
- Recurrent pain after back surgery
CURRENTLY ACCEPTED INSURANCE CARRIERS
See the complete list in our See the complete list
Our Patients Love Us
You will not be disappointed
It is always a pleasure coming to SJPS. Everyone is so pleasant and care about your needs. I would and have recommended them to family and friends. You will not be disappointed- KA
I would highly recommend …
My experience with Spine and Joint Pain group has been amazing the procedure on my spine went well and uneventful the procedure was clearly explained and of what to possibly expect from the procedure I would highly recommend them.- Rena S
The environment was relaxed, pleasant, and professional…
Been going to Spine and Joint for the last few years and my experiences have been positive. Recently had a procedure done and the environment was relaxed, pleasant, and professional. This helps ease some of the stress and edginess that comes with most medical procedures. Thank you S&J.- AE